Softball Lofting Duration Contest
Yes, folks, it's the first annual OkRA Softball Lofting Duration contest!!
The actual competition will be held (tenatively) at Sooner Boomer in
September with the cooperation of and competition from Tripoli Oklahoma.
The rules are simple and will be posted here and ammended as folks find
loopholes during the spring and summer prototype testing launches that are
sure to occur. So here they are:
- Must carry one standard softball aloft and recover it and the
airframe together. The softball fits into a 4" airframe tube, but
not into a 4" airframe tube coupler. It weighs in at 6.5 oz. The
softball will be issued by the RSO and must be returned unmodified in any
- Maximum total installed impulse is 160 N*s, be it one G motor or a hell of a
cluster of A's or some combination in between. Thrustcurve
has all of the data that will be used to total the power of a given
configuration. Single use motors may be ejected at burnout, subject to
the RSO's approval.
- Recovery may be by streamer, parachute, glider, etc... anything safe
- The contestant with the longest time from ignition to touchdown
- No tethers are allowed between the rocket and the ground.
- [This space intentionally left blank]
Well, there you have it. Now go out and make with the designing!
Return to TAM Consulting's main page.
If you have problems, comments, questions, or complaints you can
send mail to Tim Melton (email@example.com).
Last modified 28 February 2001.
Copyright © 2001 TAM Consulting, L.L.C.. All rights reserved.