A long time ago a ranger, called Zepath, spent many hours exploring (and getting
lost in) the wilds of Elanthia. He then laboriously made maps of his findings and
distributed them to all the citizens of the town of Wehnimer's Landing. There have
been some changes to Elanthia since Zepath did his explorations, but these are a very
good beginning. This is a list of
( These maps will are rather large (around 50k each) and
depending on the speed of your connection to the 'Net, may take a bit of
time to display.)
- The Township of Wehnimer
- A map of the town of Wehnimer's Landing.
- Upper Trollsfang - A map of the
area near town, where the roltons (torkaans), kobolds, and hobgoblins play.
- Greater Orcs/Foothills - A map
of the area where greater orcs, cockatrices and other nasty creatures feast on intrepid
- Dangirland/Glacier/Lava Flows & Steel Golems
- A map of Dangirland with many beasties, including cavers, ogres, titans, and steelies,
that like to snack on young adventurers.
- Coastal Cliffs/Village/Cemetery
- This map will show you how to find those nubile nymphs ;)
- Graveyard, Bog, Dam and Burial Crypt
- For those that are brave enough to battle the undead, here's a place where you can test
- The Mine Road, Mine & Caverns
- A map of my old favorite hunting grounds with lesser orcs and goblins, and over the
rockslide, manticores and thraks (threks), and the caverns where a group of us encountered
a caver that I lovingly called George.
- Pumas, Krol and Monestary - Almost
everyone that hunts in the krol (kral) village regularly, becomes known as 'pumachow'.
In fact, a cleric, Kaikeyi, once decided that since Tolomei, a wizard, died so often there,
he should become the 'pumachow posta-child' ;)
- Castle Claedesbrim (Ground Level)
- This is a map showing the ground level of Claedesbrim Castle (a.k.a. Dartaghan's Castle).
- Castle Claedesbrim (Levels 1 & 2) - On
this level of "Dart's Castle", you'll find krylites (nasty things with long tongues that
kill you real quick), and mein (laen) golems (big ugly things that explode when they die).
- Castle Claedesbrim (Levels 3 & 4)
- Even more levels, showing where Troll Kings, sentinels, and harbingers (heralds) can be
found. (It's a BIG castle. No wonder Dartaghan wants to get rid of all the nasty things
in there so he can live in it!) ;)
- The Spider Temple and Broken Lands
- This map shows the Temple dedicated to the Spider Goddess (Spider Temple, or ST, has
long been known as the "sorcs playground") and The Broken Lands, where one can find critters
with big teeth. (A warning about the Broken Lands: If you go there, you can't hear people
on the net, and you can't call out on the net for help. So be very very careful!)
Return to the GemStone III home page
If you have problems, comments, questions, or complaints about the GSIII map pages you can send
send mail to Nora Melton (firstname.lastname@example.org) aka Wanton Destruction.
Last modified 13 December 1995